Our service at a glance
The Integrated Behaviour Support Service (IBSS) provides schools with support for all aspects of positive behaviour management.
Interventions are provided where individual pupils demonstrate behavioural issues; in addition to implementing class, year group, staff and/or whole school approaches.
The Team includes:
- 3 Specialist Teachers (2 x full time, 1 x 0.6)
- 4 Integrated Behaviour Support Workers – IBSWs (2 x full time, 2 x 0.6)
- 2 Clinical Nurse Specialists, who are seconded from CAMHS (2 x 0.4)
The Service provides:
- 10 sessions (a morning or afternoon) per academic year of Specialist Teacher time
- 16 sessions (a morning or afternoon) per academic year of IBSW time
- Clinical Nurse Specialist time as necessary, by referral
- Attendance at IPMs, Parent Consultation Meetings, Early Help Meetings, etc.
- Lead Behaviour Professional Training and support for school staff
Training Packages – at no additional cost:
- CDI Strategy (choice, decision, instruction) Training
- De-escalation Training
- Mid-day Supervisor Training
- TA/Support Assistant Training
- Positive Behaviour for Effective Learning
- Peer Mediation Training
- Positive Playground Behaviour Training
- Transition Support – Year 6 to Year 7
- Developing the School’s Behaviour Policy
- An Approach to Managing High Risk Behaviour
- Building Resilience Training for Pupils – Year 5 and above
- Building Resilience Pupil Support
- CDI Workshop for Parents
- Restorative Practice Training – commissioned from The Children’s Society
- Child Advocacy Training – commissioned from The Children’s Society
Why choose us?
Working with the Integrated Behaviour Support Service has had a positive impact on managing persistent low-level disruptive behaviour in Walsall schools, whole-school behaviour management approaches and intensive interventions for pupils at risk of exclusion. The Service has a team whose range of skills, comprehensive knowledge and expertise provide specialist and bespoke support for schools in promoting positive and inclusive behaviour management.
Don’t take our word for it
“I am just writing to say how very useful we have found the support that we have received from IBSS. In addition, we have found the courses that have been on offer very beneficial, particularly the CDI Strategy Training, Restorative Practice and Child Advocacy.
They have provided us with very useful tools for our behaviour management toolbox in school. I think we should celebrate loudly when something is working and proves to be of benefit. Keep up the good work!”
(Primary Headteacher, Darlaston)
In order to discuss the support package for school and costing, please contact us:
Find out more
Specialist Officer – Specialist Access Services